Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What kind of honeycomb is that?

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON (Image ID: 131-6646)


It's not a honeycomb. It's not an advertising hoarding. It's not a computer game. It's not some hi-tech set for a television game show, either.

I shot this in an amusement parlour a few weeks ago, with the permission of the staff. As soon as I saw the changing colours on these segmented platforms, each for a single player, I knew I had to take a shot. I chose my angle carefully, to include the silhouette on the right and the metal stool on the left.

By shooting it from side-on, I figured it would create a more interesting (even perhaps intriguing) sight than shooting it from front-on. This angle also gave me the added attraction of the reflections on both sides of the metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment