Tuesday, December 14, 2010

V is for Various Visual Vanities

In August 2009 I joined the local photo club "Bekkalokket", the second largest and one of the foremost photo clubs (not in any way due to me!) in Norway. Last Saturday we had our Pre-Christmas dinner, and the results for this autumn's contest were announced - and two of my photos had been accepted! I was in no way near winning a medal, but you must forgive me for hosting a bit of vanity.

"Windows" - in the Projection Class
Shot in the the city of Hania (Khania, Chania), Crete.

"Bucket" - in the Coloured Prints class
Shot in the the village of Agia Marina, Crete.


The Photo Club also supplies the photos for a yearly calendar sold by the Bergen branches of the Norwegian humanitarian organization "Natteravnene". The photo below was chosen for April 2011.

"Cille Gads Square"
Shot in Bergen


This autumn I also submitted four pictures to the International "Al Thani" Contest. The photo below was accepted in the General Digital Class.

"Bunker"
Shot in Bergen

I have shown a couple of these photos before, but I hope any visitor will forgive me :-)


Today's post is an Entry in round SEVEN of ABC Wednesday, the meme initiated by Denise Nesbitt. For more, you can log on via the ABC site.

No comments:

Post a Comment