Friday, August 21, 2009

Ripples Across A Windscreen

Water Is Such A Precious Gift Of Nature

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


While I was trying to do a mental selection of images for today's theme, I was reviewing (in my mind, not on my computer) all the images I have shot of water. Then I suddenly thought I would portray ripples in a slightly different way.

Could I portray ripples NOT on the surface of water, but in another way? On another surface?

Here is my answer ... in words and pictorially. When you live in a drought-stricken country-continent like Australia, even a light drizzle is a blessing from the rain gods.

This was shot last weekend, just before I drove my car out of a parking slot. I was literally sitting with my seatbelt around me when I reached across for my camera and shot the tiny drops on the windscreen.

The thing that really caught my attention was that each drop on the raked windscreen was a different shape and texture.

I framed this shot deliberately, to use my rear-view mirror as the soft-focus visual enhancement in the left foreground, just to draw the eye straight to the drops in the centre of the image, where the focus was sharpest.

The image I've posted here is simply a low-resolution version of the original. If you want to see the full-size, high-resolution image, just go to Screen Test.

Visit TNChick's Photo Hunt. Today's theme: "Ripples''.

No comments:

Post a Comment