Thursday, August 20, 2009

High And Mighty

Building A Huge Reputation

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Just when you think you've photographed one of the world's landmarks too many times in one day and you cannot possibly shoot another creative image - hey, that's as good a time as any to look for an unusual angle.

I was walking away from the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur in July last year when I decided to take one last shot.

I spotted the fronds of a nearby palm tree and thought it would be a great idea to try and work them into the image. I literally took this shot over my left shoulder, craning my neck backwards like a circus contortionist.

Apart from the fact that I was able to include the huge Malaysian flag that hangs on the facade of one of the towers, I really like the fact that the apex of this image includes differing geometrical shapes - straight lines, some triangles, a series of arcs, and a graceful wave-like pattern at the top of the tower.

Visit MamaGeek and Cecily, creators of Photo Story Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment