Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Promise To Tell The Tooth

The Whole Tooth - And Nuthin' But The Tooth

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


These shot depicts the entrance (no, I'm not kidding) of Luna Park, in the bayside Melbourne suburb of St Kilda. I shot these images about three years ago, on a late-winter afternoon when the wild breeze carried more of a hint of spring than ever before.

The first image shows the famous open-mouth entrance, through which generations of enthusiasts have walked into the amusement park. So, yes, as an entrance I figure it qualifies for this weekly theme.

And the shot below shows some of the amusement park rides clearly visible through the entrance. The teeth? Yup, they need a bit of attention, I reckon. Maybe the dentist was standing right behind me, waiting to get at them!


For earlier posts in this series, check out The Doors Archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment