Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Monastic Bench

I'm back at the Lyse Kloster (Lyse Abbey). I don't really know if this is is a bench since I was not around in the 12th century when this was built. I can only imagine a couple of monks sitting down here for some intricate discussions.

My own interest in benches originated by reading the site published by PERBS and Kerri, and the site published by Malyss. Also, others showed an interest in the subject, so I started to take photos of benches I "stumbled" across and posted them on Fridays. It was never meant to be a "proper" meme (so it may not always be possible for me to find an appropriate bench for a Friday), but others joined me in publishing benches on (mostly) Fridays . I therefore never made a blog roll, but visits to my former posts (see archives in the sidebar), to the previous mentioned sites and to Gerald's site Ackworth Born, Gone West (he keeps a small list of benches he finds on his way) might be profitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment