Thursday, November 12, 2009

Benches and boat

I live in a community that consists entirely of islands. I have have not visited them all, but from time to time I take the car and the camera for a spin and try to get better acquainted. The other day I visted one of the outermost islands, called Syltøy. And I found a small treasure. Above is just the start - a small urn.

Here you can see for yourself the set-up of urns and benches. It is a whole little meeting place for the local people.

The best of it all, is that it is situated in the middle of a roundabout - the last road before the North Sea. The main attraction is an old boat called a færing (it carried four oars).

November is quite the wrong time of the year to visit a place like this - I should have been there at the height of summer when this boat and the urns are filled with flowers. Luckily I have a blogging friend in the area called Ida who has shown this much better than me, as you can see for yourself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment