Thursday, November 19, 2009

A bench while you wait

Some bench-owners are afraid that their benches may get stolen and chain them to the ground. In this case I doubt that it will be necessary. I would be a job for Obelix to lift it.

I think it is a much better idea just to sit down and enjoy the view. The bench is situated outside a small gallery - with it own fish.

However - even thought it is not provided by the local authorities for those waiting for the bus, it is a welcome place to sit down. And you can feel a bit "arty" at the same time.

My own interest in benches originated by reading the site published by PERBS and Kerri, and the site published by Malyss. Also, others showed an interest in the subject, so I started to take photos of benches I "stumbled" across and posted them on Fridays. It was never meant to be a "proper" meme, but others joined me in publishing benches on (mostly) Fridays . I therefore never made a blog roll, but visits to my former posts (see archives in the sidebar), to the previous mentioned sites and to Gerald's site Ackworth Born, Gone West (he keeps a small list of benches he finds on his way) might be profitable.

It may not always be possible for me to find an appropriate bench for a Friday, or I may not even have time to post it. But It isn't my last bench-post.

No comments:

Post a Comment