Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Playing To The Gallery

Hang Around Any Time - It Works For The Art

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


This shot was taken in 2005, when I spent a couple of days in beautiful Quebec City in mid-September. The weather wasn't too flash when I was there, but that minor point didn't deter me from exploring every nook and cranny of the city and photographing everything that caught my eye.

This was taken on my first evening, when I literally sheltered from doorway to doorway in the Lower Town, just so my cameras wouldn't get too wet. Opposite me on the cobbled street was this warm, inviting art gallery. Should I spend five minutes inside? No, I decided instead to take a quick shot and move on.

Why? Five minutes in a gallery could have meant I missed a few photographs as dusk approached. But I did love the fact that the frame of the burgundy door was a perfect match for the frame of the window.

Yep, that's a lot of great frames for a single gallery.

For earlier posts in this series, check out The Doors Archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment