Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An Anchor in ABC Wednesday

Round 5 of ABC Wedneday starts tonight. To me and many others it represents an Anchor in the weekly blogging. So what better subject could I choose for my first contribution to the new round than: anchor?

The basic definition is according to Wikipedia fairly simple:
An anchor is an object, often made out of metal, that is used to attach a ship to the bottom of a body of water at a specific point.
I should of course have shown you a ship at anchor, but I didn't have a suitable photo, so you'll have to settle for just anchors on board ships. The one above is from an old local vessel called "Eitrheim".

This one is from a sailing vessel that took part in last year's Tall Ships' Race. I'm sorry, but I don't have the name.

But I do have a ship with both an anchor and a name - and it is not any old ship either...




Today's post is an entry in the fifth round of ABC Wednesday, the meme initiated by Denise Nesbitt.


For more, you can log on via the MckLinky enabled site
(Mr. Linky has been thrown out for sleeping on the job)

No comments:

Post a Comment