Friday, July 17, 2009

Do You Sea What I See?

Okay, Sly, Cue The Theme Music From "Rocky"

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


I thought about posting images of rocky outcrops at Kluane National Park in the Yukon. I thought about posting images of lichen-covered rocks from different parts of the world. I thought (yes, naturally) about posting images from the periphery of rock music.

But then I remembered this simple series of images and I figured I would post these instead, to remind us of the power of Nature and how objects around us that we take for granted have been there (and will continue to be there) for millennia.

These rocks with eddying sea water foaming around them and emphasising their colour and shape are on Sydney's famous North Shore. We were there on a beautiful autumn day on the Easter weekend and as you can see from the shot below, of the same scene but composed horizontally, there was so much to admire.


Visit TNChick's Photo Hunt. Today's theme: "Rock(s)''.

No comments:

Post a Comment