Sunday, June 21, 2009

Where Am I? Blooming Dales?

No, This Is Just A Street-Level View

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


More often than not, I try and get my lens as close to a bloom as possible, simply because I want to capture form or colour or shape. But on this occasion, I was further away from my subject than normal.

I was walking down a street in Whitehorse, the capital of the Yukon, when the beautiful colour of a streetside display caught my eye. Yes, I needed to shoot the bloom, but I also wanted the beautiful hues in the background as well.

Yes, a close-up is always a good shot, but sometimes you need some extra colour to emphasise the shades of a flower. And some judicious depth of field in a photograph never goes astray.

Visit Luiz Santilli Jr for the home of Today's Flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment