Thursday, October 21, 2010

Icarus is alive and well in NYC

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON. (Image ID:USA2010-29June-8848)


It was our first day in Manhattan in June this year - and as usual I was lagging a few metres behind the rest of the family when a chorus went up from the Authorbloglets. They were calling for my attention, above the joyous hubbub and throng that is Times Square.

I heard the call - and saw what they were pointing to. I had to run to get a clear shot of this pedicab operator in traffic. It was a decent sprint - especially when you consider I had to weave through the crowd, but at least I was able to get this tight shot as a result.

I only had time for one other, of the pedicab driver in the entire context of Times Square, before he went past me and I was able to shoot the rear view of his wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment