Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tower Power

Just Keep Working Those Angles

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


I shot these images early two weeks ago, in the city. There was a smattering of light cloud across a clear blue sky and even though it was only the fourth day of the Australian spring, the caress of the morning sun brought unaccustomed warmth.

I just happened to look up to gauge the cloud cover and this view just stopped me in my tracks. It might not have been the most arresting skyscape in terms of colour, but as far as perspective went, it was pretty special.

The silhouettes worked in my favour and the unmistakable lines of a couple of cranes on building site nearby just gave me a bit of extra reference. And just in case you were wondering, these are two separate buildings, on opposite sides of a street!


For other participants in Dot’s concept, go to Sky Watch HQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment