Monday, August 16, 2010

House of the Week



I have loved this beautiful brick house for as long as I can remember. As a child I loved the details at the eves, the symmetry and the gorgeous dormer windows. For a good bit of my teenage years we lived on the same street as this house, and so I got to ogle it every day as I drove to and from school. Enjoy these pictures!






The dormers are just beautiful: well-proportioned and graceful. The slate on the sides is the traditional way to treat them, assuming one has the money for a slate roof.

Below are my own dormers, right after they were built, we don't have slate on the sides, but they are pretty.














Isn't this house perfect?! Stay tuned tomorrow for an exciting announcement about a fun Fall event that is happening near this house.

All photos by Whitehaven

No comments:

Post a Comment