Tuesday, March 24, 2009

J is for Joy in Photography AND in Blogging

I usually have decided on what letter to use for ABC Wednesday several days in advance. However, J proved to be an unexpectedly difficult letter to work with. Nothing seemed to fit. So I did what I usually do in such circumstances - I grabbed the camera bag and went for a walk. At first I was not in the mood for photography at all (photography is a "mood" thing for me). That is, until I found the subject above. Something was sticking its tongue out at me! Joyfully I crept close and snapped it with my 17-70mm lens. Perfect. No cropping needed.

But what it is, you may well ask? Look at the picture beneath and guess again. Still no cropping.

Here I had taken a step or two backwards to include a bit more of this wooden monster. A sort of angled eye had appeared.

Still no clue? Look beneath again.


A quite ordinary cable drum, but of fairly large dimension. And a picture I have obviously cropped for effect.

That is the Joy of Photography and Blogging: There is always something to be found that can be used for both if only you keep the mind open and the finger on the button. And of course, carry a camera.


Today's post is an entry in the fourth round of ABC Wednesday, the meme initiated by Denise Nesbitt.


For more, you can log on via a Mr Linky enabled site

No comments:

Post a Comment