Saturday, January 24, 2009

No. six out of six out of six....

Yesterday I was challenged by my old friend GAWO to go to the 6th picture folder, take the 6th picture and present that with the story behind the picture. Normally I'm not terribly fond of such challenges, but what are friends for if one can't accept such things?

My problem is that I store my pictures in a semi-chronological order; that is: year followed by month, but with the odd special occasion (typical Holidays in addition) also. On top of that, under each of these are the folders for pictures that have been processed. Of course one can choose to sort each folder according to the alphabet, date taken, date processed, up-wards or downwards or what-ever until one finds one that can be used.

In-stead I found that it was easier to go to the area where I store the files that have been used on one of my blogs or on my now dormant home-page. There at least there are some normal groupings. The 6th folder contains pictures from travels abroad and the 6th picture according to day taken was the one above - the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The typical picture-postcard tourist snap-shot. It was first presented 1n 2008 in a post in Mrs. Nesbitt's ABC Wednesday.

So to the story behind the picture:

It was taken on May 31. 2005. I had not intended to go to Paris at all. However, my then soon-to-be 16 years old son was going there with part of his French-group at school together with two teachers. Less than 24 hours before departure I got a phone call from the French-teacher saying that the other teacher had become ill and could I step in. After a hasty family council, we decided that I should do so. Luckily I had some unused holiday I could draw upon, and I managed to get someone else to take a scheduled lecture for me and off we went.

It all went very well, with the French-teacher, myself, my son and a small bevy of 16 years old girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment